Thursday, February 26, 2009

AriZonA BouND

Tomorrow at 6Pm. Nick and i will board our flight to Phoenix Arizona wehre we should arive some time after 8PM ( 4 hour flight, 2 hour time difference.) My grandparents will be at the air port to pick us up as we will be staying with them at their home in Suprise AZ. I am so just excited, i get a week off of work wooo hooo, spend some time with the grandparents, enjoy the warm weather outside with some long runs through some mountains.... the drive around the cities, and much more. This is more than just a vacation for us Urankars, we are going with the intent of checking out the area to see if this is a place we would like to live/work and raise our family. as many of you know Nick is working for State Farm and is an approved canidate to open his own office... well hes ready. he is so excited as am I ( and so proud of him too) and we both feel very strongly that if were going to move, we do it before we open the business... it just makes sense.

He has set up apointments for Monday to meet with the AFE and other agents to ask questions and check out the area... Im just so excited for our future. So we shall see what all comes from this trip...

I am up for anywhere... it doesnt have to be Arizona, although I have dreamed of living there ... it could be anywhere... when i moved from terre haute (after graduation ) back to moms house in mishawaka ( til the wedding) and then to carmel ( after the wedding) I still dream of other places... the thought of having warm weather with a cool breeze running in the mountains, hiking, swimming, having my own garden with fresh veggies and herbs year round a place wehre we can drive 2 hours and go ski or drive 2 hours the other way and go swim just sounds perfect.... i know i know the summers are HOOOOOT TT in AZ but ya winthers are COOOLLD here in Indiana.... Nick and I are both active people and love the outdoors, we belong in a place where this is possible....

the issue of missing family..... DUHHHH yes i will miss my family.... but here is the thing.... since 2004 when i went to college i moved 3 and 1/2 hours away.... I would get a visit from family maybe 2 to 3 times a year..... I actaully drove home more to visit. Now i live in carmel which is 2:15 away from home and have had the grandparents come visit many of times which i loove, my mom once and dad once.... and i have been home 3 times..... so the way i see it, no matter where i live we will see eachother just as much however, i will not see my grandparents as much which is super sad to me... because grandma truly is my best friend and someone i alway go to for advice or an ear to hear me out. I do believe though that no matter where we live I will continue to come back home for visits just as i do now, except it will be by flight instead of a car ride.... and ya know there are so many means of communication now, Skype/ web cam/ cell phones/ txt/e mails/ you name it.... and although i will admit these still dont compare to face to face conversations and the warmth of a hug from your family, these are the means of communication i have been making already with my family for a long time now....


so who knows... its a vacation, and exploration we will Venture out on tomorrow, and its something i am UBER excited for...


<3 and xox

No comments: