Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Pregnancy Dreams

these are not your typical dreams, and no, I dont mean pregnancy dreams as in giving birth, or anything like that I am talking about the SCARY dreams you get while pregnant... seriously I remember when i was a young kid growing up I was SOOOO bad when it came to night time sleeping, I was always scared and would sneek in my moms bedroom to sleep on the floor, feeling protected just to have someone else in the room.. I mean it was bad, my mom thought I had a deamond inside me, no joke, she would stop giving me sugar after a certain time, I even remember her taking me up to Edison school to walk the track before bed time, thinking I just wasnt tired enough. Well now here I am 23 years old and 30 weeks Pregnant... hating bed time again.

Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy my bed and sleep... but lately, not too much of that has been going on.  here are a few examples of what things I am talking about...

We go to bed at a decent time every night, averaging anywhere from 9:30 to 10, I get in bed and nod off til about 11:30 ( that is typically when The first bathroom call is made) and then get back in bed... a little while later BAM it happends...


on a few ocasions I have Literally opened my eyes only to see a mans face like staring at me so I scream my husbands name and roll over to his side of the bed ( its a King)

I remember the first time this happend it was as if the face was getting closer and closer till finally i screamed nicks name and the face was then gone... SCARY hu?

the other night I had another one where I was asleep and then I woke up I literally woke up and looked straight ahead ( our bed faces the bathroom and we have very high windows in the bathroom) and looked out of the window to see that it was pitch black outside but yet someone with a ski mask and a green sweatshirt climbing up a latter to get on top of our house... I literally FREAKED, I said nick.. and he didnt budge.. so I walked up and unplugged the fan telling myself that Chelssie if someone is on your roof you will for sure hear footsteps so unplug the fan and listen... I heard nothing, then I said Chelssie... if someone climbed a latter to get on your room surly the latter is still there... looked out the window... no latter.... So i calmed myself down pluged the fan back in and went to sleep....


Last night... 3:30 am I was in a dream, I was holding someones baby and then my dream was interupted with a mans voice saying HELLO.... so i open my eyes and hear it again one more time HELLO... I say nick nick wake up someone is in our living room saying Hello??!?!? ( nick is confused.. what Chels?) ... so I say to myself Chelssie if someone was really in your house they prolly would not be saying Yoooouuu Whoooo Hello.... here I am ... so I listened to hear if I could hear anything else in the living room and there was no noise... I also reasured myselef that we have a 60 lb Boxer that sleeps in our living room and he didnt bark and we also have an alarm system that didnt go off... so I was probably ok to just roll over and go back to bed... and I did...


but seriously what is going on! I HATE being scared and I mean HATE... I am not talking haunted house scared I just hate the thought of someone being in my house... I am not a good one to be home alone at night.. which I never am but... seriously I dont know how people who are can do it... now normally I do not have these dreams but since being pregnnat I get them, and they happen often... its nuts..

so people say get as much sleep as you can before baby comes, and I read in the last tri mester sleep is hard because of discomfort and frequent bathroom trips, well i am definatly not feeling discomfort but between the bathroom breaks and the Freaking nightmares... my sleep is being interupted... luckily because I go to bed at a decent hour I still get plenty of sleep it just isnt a deep one..

have any of you other Prego ladies had this happen to you?! or did I just write a really long post admitting to how weird I am?

4 comments:

Mo said...

ur weird. haha. no just kiddin. i have weird dreams every night and rememeber them every morning.

BUT, I also hate scarey dreams so everynight before I bed I pray for God to be in control of my mind while I sleep. It works pretty well. Typically if I drink alot before bed I have bad dreams...but since I'm preg and water makes my tummy feel good I'm always drinking water before bed BUT no bad dreams. I think the prayer is the magic trick.

I do , however have insane dreams which I cannot post on your blog. You'll have to ask and I'll explain. haha!

Mandy Mitchell said...

I haven't had any scary dreams like that during my pregnancy, but I've had a few about having to have a C-Section and what not. My husband on the other hand has had some pretty creepy dreams. I think they involved me giving birth to a demon child.

Now when I was a kid, I used to have nothing but nightmares and I would also pray and ask God to stop the nightmares. It seemed to work pretty good. It stinks that you are having these bad dreams, because it's hard enough to sleep during the last stretch as it is.

Misha Seger said...

I am having terrible dreams too!! I wake up sweating sometimes. At least you have an actual reason to be scared, given that your dreams are more realistic... I am having dreams about freaky animals. Most recently, a creepy deer (yes... that's right, a deer) staring at me through the window. Up close and personal. weird....
Thats gotta help you to feel not to weird ;o)

Anonymous said...

Whoa, that is freaky - and weird! I'm not really into the voodoo stuff, but at one point in my life (high school I think) I got a dream book and liked to look up the meaning of my dreams. It's actually kind of interesting, and a lot of times they correlate to whatever is going on in my life at the time. Velly intellesting.

Anyway, I'm sorry that's happening, I'm sure it's scary :( Be glad you have Nick by your side! He's strong, he will keep you safe :)