Saturday, November 28, 2009

Thanksgiving

this years thanksgiving was great, it was our first year we sat in one spot all day... well not literally one spot but we stayed in one house and didn't spend 1/2 the day traveling, although we missed out on seeing some wonderful family, it was a very good year for us to stay put, as i am getting closer and closer to my due date I pretty much like relaxing and taking in everything around me because before i know it there will be a little one calling me momma who will also have a schedule.  We were out in New Carlisle for the holiday at my uncles house, ( mom's side of the family.) He made a whole spread of food but with the hubby and I being vegetarian we get to eat all the yummy carbohydrated filled sides. you know the taters, the yeast rolls, green bean casserole, vegetable stuffing... all that stuff... but boy it was yummy!!! We had a blast this year, I got to spend most of my day with my cousins 4 month old baby boy, I fed him, changed him, rocked him, kissed him, smelled him, played with him... I AM SO READY!!! seriously the smell is so wonderful I promise i will figure out how to bottle it up :) Nick spent a lot of time with my younger sister Madison and some of my cousins, even my grandpa downstairs playing rock band, or our ever favorite game of marbles.... it was a great Holiday. Mom and I got to sit together and chit chat alot which I also enjoyed. I love the holidays... and now its on to the Christmas season! I can hardly hold my smile back that is filled with the excitement of going to a tree farm to get our tree!!! hope to do so soon!!!

hope you all had a happy thanksgiving!

No comments: