Thursday, January 28, 2010

2 week check up

thats right, our little baby girl is now past two weeks old, I just cant believe how fast the time has flown by. Last tuesday at her one week appointment she weighed in at 8.9 lbs and was still 21 inches long, the Dr had me schedule a two week appointment because she wanted to see her back up to her birth weight which was 8.15, well ladies and gentlemen at this appointment which was now only Eight days from the last she weighed in at a healthy 9.7 lbs! can you believe that that is almost one whole pound in eight days! she was also measuring at 21 1/4 inches so she grew 1/4 of an inch! we are so proud of our little girl! because I am solely breast-feeding and have yet to start pumping I have been unsure how much milk she is getting so it feels great to know that she is thriving and doing so well. The Pediatrician also is very impressed with her skin color, she says she can tell she is very hydrated. Which let me tell you, judging by the child's diapers and how well she feeds I would sure have hoped she would be well hydrated!

her next appointment isn't until March where she will be two months, well thats all I have time for now miss Jada is calling my name :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's great, and I agree, it's always reassuring to know for sure that she's getting enough milk. Glad it's going so well for you, that's awesome ;)